PDA

View Full Version : Terry Funk battling health issues

Wrestlingdesires
08-30-2018, 01:43 PM
Professional wrestling legend Terry Funk is being forced to miss his previously scheduled appearances at Starrcast & All In due to some health issues he?s suffering from.

Funk opened up about the situation to Sports Illustrated?s Extra Mustard. He also talked about how much pride he has in Cody Rhodes and The Young Bucks orchestrating the self-funded professional wrestling show:

?I was supposed to be on the All In show, but I can?t because of a problem with my abdominal hernia,? said Funk. ?I?m not feeling too good. Am I going to feel better? I hope to hell I am. That?s a wish on my part.?

?The 74-year-old wrestling legend has watched from afar with pride as Cody Rhodes and the Young Bucks have created genuine interest?selling over 10,000 seats?for a non-WWE show.

?Funk was close with Rhodes? father, the late Dusty Rhodes, for over three decades.

?I think it?s wonderful that Cody is having success, and I was really looking forward to seeing him,? said Funk. ?Cody and Dusty are similar in so many ways, but they?re different also. I?ve never met anyone like Dusty. He was loved by everyone and everybody. He was a phenomenal in-ring performer who understood the business, and that was passed on to Cody.

?Personally, I like to think I?m like my old man. I like to think I have the brains he did. I?d like to think Cody feels the same way, and he should because he does. Cody has evolved, he saw the light where no one else did.?