PDA

View Full Version : Austin compares NXT to main roster; Edge responds to rumor

Oldschool
09-12-2018, 10:47 AM
- During his recent podcast, Steve Austin gave his thoughts on the differences between NXT and the main roster:

"The thing I like about the NXT thing is it's almost like [Sean Waltman] said, the main roster is almost trying to cover or cater to everybody. And to me, the NXT thing is more… they are both under the same umbrella, it's WWE, it's sports entertainment. It ain't pro wrestling anymore. Now, it's sports entertainment officially, but in my mind, it's still pro wrestling. And to me, NXT, yeah, it's kind of like a throwback. And it's all modern stuff, great lighting, great production values, everything else, but the storylines are very easy to understand and very simple. And, I mean, the announcers aren't trying to go overboard trying to explain whatever's going on." Austin added, "sometimes when I watch the main roster stuff, it's like they're trying to play to so many people that the storylines get kind of convoluted."

Thanks to WrestlingInc.com for the quote.

- Edge responded to a report from PWInsider.com that he is scheduled for the 1000th episode of Smackdown Live:

Huh, news to me. https://t.co/MbisUgXPVt
— Adam (Edge) Copeland (@EdgeRatedR) September 10, 2018