PDA

View Full Version : Latest on the NJPW/ROH show - will Jericho appear?

Oldschool
09-13-2018, 08:38 AM
- During an appearance on Busted Open Radio, Chris Jericho commented on possibly making an appearance at the NJPW/ROW event at Madison Square Garden during Wrestlemania 35 weekend:

"If there's a match that's presented to me that's interesting and if I'm free...why not? I'm really kind of enjoying this free agency." @IAmJericho talks to @davidlagreca1 & @bullyray5150 on if we could see him at the @ringofhonor & @njpwglobal #G1Supercard at @TheGarden pic.twitter.com/zII42X8p2W
— SiriusXM Busted Open (@BustedOpenRadio) September 12, 2018

- In an interview with Newsday.com, ROH Chief Operating Officer Joe Koff commented on the NJPW/ROH show:

“This was a big decision, and we had to take a look at the risks and the reward. But, really, what it came down to was: Where are we going to run that weekend if we want to run in New York? It’s hard to find a building that can accommodate wrestling in that 6,000 to 10,000 range that’s in the city and that’s not a schlep to get to. WWE wasn’t even thinking of using (the Garden on that night). I can’t speak for other organizations and why they do or they don’t use it. It was the right venue for us on that day.”

“I would expect that, as I’ve seen at every other city, on that weekend all of their events are sell-outs… I really believe the people who bought tickets to Madison Square Garden would have bought tickets to Ring of Honor no matter where we were.”