PDA

View Full Version : Eli Drake discusses possibly signing with WWE at some point

Wrestlingdesires
09-22-2018, 08:39 PM
IMPACT Wrestling star Eli Drake was recently interviewed by Wrestling Inc. to talk about several professional wrestling topics. Drake talked about recently signing a contract extension with IMPACT Wrestling and if he?d ever consider returning to WWE. Here are the highlights:

Extending his contract with IMPACT:

?It?s amazing. I had options, obviously, to do other things, but I like my lifestyle right now,? Drake said. ?I like the idea of not being stuck in a warehouse five days a week. That?s not a shot at anybody, that?s a fact of life, if you will. I just like my lifestyle living in L.A. I didn?t want to move to any other state, I didn?t want to go anywhere else.

?And I like the freedom that I have to do what I do, be what I am and make the money that I?m making. So everything is pretty good in my book and in my world, so it?s A-OK to stay with Impact.?

If he?d consider a WWE return:

?I don?t know, and the reason I don?t know is I?ve had a strange crossroads with this business over the last couple of years,? Drake said. ?It?s changed a lot, it doesn?t feel like the same business I fell in love with 20-30 years ago. But that?s not to say that I can?t still do my own thing my own way, that?s exactly what I?ve always done and that?s what I?ll continue to do.

?But wrestling has changed in a lot of ways and not for the better, in my opinion ? but again, if I could continue doing my thing then who knows? We?ll see what happens, and if I feel like I want to continue doing that at a much more exaggerated pace, as far as the schedule and what not.?