PDA

View Full Version : WWE will donate $100,000 to Knoxville Public Safety Foundation for Kane?s upcoming appearances

Wrestlingdesires
09-22-2018, 08:43 PM
WWE will be donating $100,000 to the Knoxville Public Safety Foundation at the request of WWE Superstar Glenn ?Kane? Jacobs. The organization helps first responders and families after they suffer an injury, illness, death or other life-changing events.

?We?re happy to support this charity of behalf of Mayor Jacobs,? WWE CEO Vince McMahon said in a press release that was sent out to the local media in Knox County, TN. ?Much like his unparalleled contributions to advancing the WWE brand during his stellar career of more than 20 years, Mayor Jacobs has begun work to improve Knox County.?

Kane opted to have WWE donate the money instead of taking pay for his appearance at the Super Show-Down event in Melbourne, Australia. According to the press release, the donation is being made ?in appreciation for making a series of appearances for WWE this fall.? Jacobs? spokesman, Rob Link said that the mayor is only confirmed for the date in Australia at this time.

?I?m extremely proud that my career with WWE will have a positive impact on the community through my role as Knox County Mayor,? Jacobs said in the press release.

The Knoxville Public Safety Foundation benefits the Knoxville Police Department, the Knox County Sheriff?s Office, the Knoxville Fire Department and the University of Tennessee Police Department.

The check presentation is tentatively scheduled for January 2019 when WWE returns to Knoxville for a live event.