PDA

View Full Version : Booker T reveals where he got the ?Can You Dig It?? catchphrase from

Wrestlingdesires
09-25-2018, 08:22 PM
WWE Hall Of Famer Booker T was recently a guest on fellow Hall Of Famer Stone Cold Steve Austin?s podcast, The Steve Austin Show. During their conversation, Booker revealed where he drew the inspiration for his ?Can You Dig It?? catchphrase that became so famous in WWE. It turns out he was inspired by the Shaft movies. Here?s what he had to say:

?Hey, man, I?m going to tell you, man, those karate movies that I watched when I was a kid, man, I always had that one mindset because of the boss. In all of those karate movies that I watched, the boss, he was badass and every time someone tests the boss, he showed how real he had to be with all those guys.

?All those Shaft movies, that I watched, Richard Roundtree, he was badass. Do you know what I mean? He didn?t take [any] s?t from [anybody] and I wanted to be like Shaft. That?s where ?can you dig it, sucka?? came from, me watching those movies.? Booker added, ?and for me, I always knew my role.?

<iframe width="760" height="563" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UGqx9iXvFTQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>