PDA

View Full Version : Randy Orton says WWE Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia should go on as scheduled

Wrestlingdesires
10-19-2018, 01:01 PM
The show must go on. That?s what Randy Orton said when TMZ caught up with him earlier today as he was getting ready to fly out of Washington, DC.

?I think we should go. I think the only way to help with change over there is to go and not to cancel the trip,? Orton said. He added, ?That?s the goal is to make things better everywhere and I think us NOT going doesn?t help. Going helps.?

Orton also says women will probably be able to wrestle in Saudi Arabia one day.

Vince McMahon and others in WWE management would agree with Orton but the decision to run the show has more to do with the huge amount of money that will come from their 10-year deal with Saudi Arabia that is estimated to be somewhere between $450-$500 million. Several top stars, including Orton, stand to make more from that show than they would for any other show, including WrestleMania.

Several lawmakers have called on WWE to pull out of Saudi Arabia and several wrestlers have privately said that they are not in favor of the show continuing as scheduled.

The last word from WWE on the situation is that they are monitoring what is going on. On this week?s Raw and Smackdown Live, the announcers were instructed not to mention Saudi Arabia.

Click below for Orton?s comments on Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia:

<iframe width="713" height="563" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9qZmvI5C_u0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>