PDA

View Full Version : Is The WWE Network Good Or Bad For the WWE?

Oldschool
11-24-2018, 10:13 AM
What do you think? And why? Has it increased your enjoyment of the WWE? Do you watch more or less than before its launch?

Joker
11-27-2018, 06:15 PM
I have to say it's good because it gives people an option to view WWE's pay-per-view events and more for $10/month (I'm rounding) as opposed to paying your cable or satellite provider $60-$70 for a single event.

duce
11-28-2018, 11:46 AM
Overall its good for the cost of what you get, me personally I would only use it for old events as nothing they have done in the last 5-6 years have interested me.

TheAsylum
11-28-2018, 01:19 PM
Is both good and bad. For those wanting cheap access to PPV's and old content, it would be good. Unfortunately it also gives WWE the option to be a bit lazy because no matter what, the money is coming in. There is less need to put on quality PPV. I guess it depends on what people are after.

Oldschool
11-29-2018, 05:47 AM
Is both good and bad. For those wanting cheap access to PPV's and old content, it would be good. Unfortunately it also gives WWE the option to be a bit lazy because no matter what, the money is coming in. There is less need to put on quality PPV. I guess it depends on what people are after.

This is actually what I was referring to, its effect on the WWE, not whether or not the service is enjoyable. Obviously we are happy to get all those classic shows, but what is it doing to today's WWE PPV's and other new shows? Are they just as good as they were in say 2013? I really like the Network, but I must say in some ways it has hurt the WWE. And to top it off, even with unlimited airtime some events simply aren't promoted ery much, or even shown as they should be [Starrcade?] :(

M.V.W.
12-06-2018, 07:34 PM
Doubt the Network has much bearing on WWE's effort. PPVs tie into TV while Raw and SmackDown aren't available on the Network until a month later. Also, the Network only content tends to get good reviews.

Oldschool
12-07-2018, 08:12 AM
Doubt the Network has much bearing on WWE's effort. PPVs tie into TV while Raw and SmackDown aren't available on the Network until a month later. Also, the Network only content tends to get good reviews.

That's one of the major issues, PPV's simply aren't that important to fans or the WWE any more :( ... The Hidden Gems and Network shows add a lot to the WWE, and I hope those stay, but we need all PPV's to be given a spotlight and proper buildup