PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Cobb On The Advice Punishment Martinez Gave Him Before Leaving To WWE

whitetop
12-26-2018, 10:08 PM
Ring Of Honor (ROH) World TV Champion Jeff Cobb was recently interviewed on the WINCLY podcast to talk about several professional wrestling topics. Cobb talked about learning from Punishment Martinez before he left for WWE, his ROH TV Title win being a surprise to him, and what drove him to sign with ROH. Here are the highlights:

Learning from Punishment Martinez before he left to WWE: “He was the previous champion so he definitely helped me out with how to represent the company,” said Cobb. “‘This is how you carry yourself. This is how you represent the company, represent the belt, represent your peers.’ My interactions with him weren’t as much as I would have liked… but he definitely helped out in the short time that we had.”

His ROH TV Title win being a surprise to him: “I was more shocked at how quick the belt was coming to me on my first official ROH match. I definitely was very shocked that day showing up to the venue,” Cobb said. “Well the day before. There was rumblings but I never believe anything until I show up and it’s on the call sheet.

“They see something in me where I’m a suplexing machine and I just run through people,” stated Cobb. “That played out on TV with the Top Prospects Tournament and I ran through all of them… Just a juggernaut kind of champion.”

What drove him to sign with ROH: “Just the history that ROH has. A lot of the guys that I looked up to were ROH guys. The product itself is always good, match quality is always good and their relationship with New Japan definitely helped out,” said Cobb. “I love going [to New Japan] so with ROH having that relationship, they’re like, ‘if you wanna go on this tour, go ahead’ so I really appreciate that.”

<iframe style="background-color: transparent; display: block; padding: 0; max-width: 700px;" title="Audioboom player" src="//embeds.audioboom.com/posts/7123724-wincly-the-mcmahons-fresh-start-wwe-tlc-roh-signings-feat-bully-ray-and-jeff-cobb/embed/v4?eid=AQAAANmOI1wMs2wA" width="100%" height="300" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>