PDA

View Full Version : Update On Christopher Daniels’ ROH Status

Oldschool
12-29-2018, 07:51 AM
While nothing is official, it is looking more likely that Christopher Daniels is finishing up with Ring of Honor. The 48-year-old has been booking independent dates in 2019, likely meaning he has no intention of signing a new ROH contract.

His status was addressed in the recent edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

“Christopher Daniels has taken a number of independent dates, which means he’s not planning on signing a new contract (with ROH) any time soon,” wrote Dave Meltzer. “He’s also not being advertised for the January dates.”

The report continues to suggest Daniels could work in ROH as a producer (as he has been doing) and still work independent dates as a wrestler.

Daniels, Scorpio Sky, and Kazarian gained momentum in 2018 as members of SCU. The trio has appeared on numerous episodes of Being the Elite as well.

Daniels won the ROH World Championship in 2017. He spoke to Sportskeeda about the accomplishment.

“I’m just glad that I finally had that opportunity to win the big one. I feel like it was a good period of time in my career, and I think people look back at that and just the overall art of my career to finally get it 25 years in was an accomplishment that I’m very proud of and something that I’ll always look back on fondly with.”

If you want to see Christopher Daniels in a non-wrestling role, you can do so at Universal Studios Hollywood. For the past few years, Daniels has played the lead villain at the park’s Waterworld exhibit. Joey Ryan posted the following sneak peak of his show:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5II6ChSQzoA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>