PDA

View Full Version : Edge & Christian Discuss Why AEW’s “Double Or Nothing” Might Have Harder Time Selling Out

whitetop
01-16-2019, 06:26 PM
Former WWE Tag Team Champions Edge and Christian took to their podcast, “E&C’s Pod Of Awesomeness” to discuss All Elite Wrestling (AEW). The pair discussed AEW’s upcoming “Double Or Nothing” pay-per-view (PPV) in Las Vegas, who will be on the top of the professional wrestling mountain in 10 years – WWE or AEW, and more. Here are the highlights:

If “Double Or Nothing” will sell out:

Edge: “I think they will [sell it out],” Christian said. “I mean, I think they proved they could do it with ALL IN. I think they’ve stumbled… not stumbled… worked hard for this and I think there’s definitely an interest.”

Christian: “The only reason I say that with a question mark is because ALL IN was in Chicago [Illinois], which is a [pro] wrestling stronghold,” Edge said. “Yeah, [Las] Vegas is just a little bit different. That’s the only reason I question it. And it’s a bigger arena. I think they ran a 10,000 seater the last time. This is 17,000+.

“I hope they do. I really do. And the Jacksons and Cody, The [Young] Bucks and Cody, I love the fact that even if they didn’t have this vision from the beginning, they realized to shoot for the stars and give this a try. And then, they run into financial folks like we talked about that are willing to do this with the Khans. It’s exciting!”

Adding AEW to the mix of major promotions being a good thing:

Edge: “Anytime there’s a monopoly in anything, I never think it’s good,” Edge said. “So to see the New Japans, and the Ring Of Honors, and the Impacts, and now the AEWs of the world are either still trying to begin or have already been around. So it’s good.”

Which promotion will be at the top of the mountain in 10 years:

Edge: “I mean, WWE [will be number one in 10 years],” Edge said. “Even if, heaven forbid, something happens to Vince, it’s still going to be WWE. I don’t think that much can change in 10 years. I don’t. That’s not to say I don’t think there will be other viable and possibly thriving places for people to work, which is great, but I mean, if you’re looking at the top of the food chain, I don’t think that’s going to change.”

Christian: “I think it pretty much goes without saying,” Christian said. “Yeah, I echo [Edge’s] statements.”

<iframe src="https://omny.fm/shows/e-c-s-pod-of-awesomeness/e-c-twitter-q-a/embed" width="100%" height="180px" frameborder="0"></iframe>