PDA

View Full Version : America Will Be at War with Iran Within One Year

kong
02-01-2012, 03:52 AM
America Will Be at War with Iran Within One Year
By Donald Pennington | Yahoo! Contributor Network – Mon, Jan 30, 2012
COMMENTARY | I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's my bet we Americans will be at war with Iran within one year. Of all the things I've ever stated publicly, this is one I wish I were wrong about. Frankly, I'd rather be ridiculed publicly than for my country to be moving into more military action. As reported on "60 Minutes" on Sunday, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta expressed concerns over Iran developing a nuclear weapon within the next year and stated the U.S. "will take whatever steps are necessary to stop it," and that there are "no options off of the table." Frankly, whenever it comes to the thought of a militant Islamic state such as Iran, whose leader Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was quoted in 2005 by the New York Times as having said they should "wipe Israel off the map," that can raise the cockles of anybody's fur -- even a pacifist such as I. In an ABC interview on Jan. 26, President Barack Obama also clearly stated, "We've imposed the toughest sanctions ever. They had a lot of bite. The Iranian regime is feeling them. And, ultimately, I hope that we can resolve this through diplomatic means. But we're not taking any options off the table." Of course, we all hope for a diplomatic solution, but I don't see either side backing down -- neither the Iranian nor American government. So whether anyone of us common folks agree or not, whether we like it or not, it's soon time for us all to prepare our minds and hearts for war. For better or worse, Israel has been an ally of the U.S. for several decades and as far as Middle Eastern nations go, they're as similar to a Western nation as one might get. The idea of a militant theocracy attacking the Nation of Israel is but one or two steps removed from an attack on other Western nations, like the U.K., Germany or the United States of America. Ultimately, the greatest tragedy is one borne by the people of any country involved in military conflict. If only the people of Iran could see beyond the religious indoctrination of world domination for Allah, if only they could rise up and tell their cleric leaders "no." Someday, let's hope the world learns that war is unnecessary, before it's too late.