PDA

View Full Version : American Choppers electric bike

Mr. Anderson
02-01-2012, 10:35 PM
http://www.carsguide.com.au/images/uploads/Echopper-W.jpg

While electric cars are only just starting to hit the market, electric scooters and bikes have been around for a few years, some of which are faster than an Enzo Ferrari.
The eChopper is one of three built by the famed Orange County Choppers of New York. It uses the same technology found in submarines and naval ships. The eChopper has a top speed of 160km/h, range of 100km and the rotor blades on its wheels are designed to mirror wind and gas turbine blades.
Siemens engaged with OCC to demonstrate their green technology credentials, including power electronics and battery management systems, says Siemens Australia VP David Keenan. The technology is suitable for high-performance motors or trains for the mobility industry, he says.
"Siemens eChopper reinforces our Picture the Future of Mobility research, in that electric technology is a viable and sustainable fuel source for commercial ships and naval vessels providing defence, naval and maritime industries with significant productivity benefits and financial advantages,'' he says.
Presumably all that white bodywork is just waiting for a tribal tattoo paint job. Or maybe a scroll with ‘death before diesel’.

kong
02-02-2012, 12:15 AM
looks cool!

Joker
02-02-2012, 03:00 AM
looks cool!
I'll say. Also think about what this will do for the environment. It is proven that gasoline-powered motorcycles contribute to more pollution in the atmosphere than a car does.

But scientific aspects aside, it looks very futuristic. I like things that have a futuristic look and feel. I can only ask, what's next? :)

kong
02-02-2012, 05:53 AM
and "where's mine"

Oldschool
02-02-2012, 07:37 AM
This looks to be an awesome bike, hope it becomes popular!

kong
02-02-2012, 12:43 PM
you know it will be expensive