PDA

View Full Version : Injustice: Gods Among Us review

Joker
05-03-2013, 09:54 PM
Very few fighting games have garnered as much attention or have been as revolutionary in such a short amount of time as Injustice: Gods Among Us. Even though it has only been out for less than a month, it has already received high praise from a majority of gamers and gaming publications including but not limited to Electronic Gaming Monthly and Game Informer. The game itself is loaded with special features and an intriguing story. In this game the lines between hero and villain have been blurred considerably when Superman has been tricked by the Joker by killing his wife Lois Lane and his unborn son which in turn destroys Metropolis. (Joker put a heart monitor on Lois and set a nuclear bomb to detonate when Lois's heart stopped beating. Joker then laced a sample of Scarecrow's fear gas with kryptonite and used it to make Superman believe Lois was Doomsday. Superman then carried the creature into space only to realize too late that Doomsday was really Lois Lane. Superman then watches in horror as Metropolis is obliterated by the Joker's nuke. Superman, in a fit of rage confronts joker and kills him in front of Batman, then establishes a new world order with him at its head.) The multiverse theory also plays a part here because the Justice League of the Earth-1 universe successfully foils the Joker's plan.

The game's fighting engine is revolutionary in that every stage features interactive elements, such as smashing opponents into statues or other structures in the background (This was never before seen in a 2D fighting environment.), level transitions, and visually spectacular super moves. There are over twenty different characters available including Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Joker, and many more. The in-game soundtrack is as much a work of art as the game itself. Both the music album and musical score are available on iTunes in case you're interested.

Overall, I must say that the game excels in every category; the only low point being the rendering of cutscenes in the game's story mode; although it's not readily noticeable. I reiterate that the story of this game is extremely captivating and involves many twists and turns.

Verdict
Injustice: Gods Among Us is definitely a must-have addition to your collection if you are a fighting game enthusiast.

It receives the "Joker Stamp of Approval"! :)

9.5/10

Images and Screenshots
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/672472-injustice-gods-among-us/images

Music Download Links
Album: http://uploaded.net/file/69vb6brl/VA-Injustice_Gods_Among_Us-The_Album_(iTunes_Version)-2013.zip
Score: http://www.putlocker.com/file/0385257F23CAF287

Stingette
05-19-2013, 09:55 PM
Which Console is it the best on?

Oldschool
05-20-2013, 02:49 PM
What is your favorite part and character?

Joker
07-26-2013, 12:31 AM
I like Zod's Supermove. And I guess my favorite character is Batman as he is actually my favorite superhero ever. Joker has a cool super move as well and is good if you like to stay at a distance against an opponent.

Joker
07-26-2013, 12:32 AM
And it's best on PS3. :)