PDA

View Full Version : Exertion Headache

Santa-san
05-01-2016, 02:16 PM
Hi guys! Do any of you guys go to the gym? I recently started to get the most splitting headaches whenever I do heavy leg exercises, like leg press(especially) squats etc. to the point I just have to pack up and go home. The headache would then linger after I get home, so that any little thing I do that raises my pulse would make the head start pounding again. I googled it, and it seems a lot of guys suffer from it, but I could not find any clear SOLUTION to this problem. I eat right, drink lots, try to mind proper form AND proper breathing in each exercise, but I've had constant headaches for over a month, and have had to rest for two weeks now. And I mean lie still or sit still or perhaps a small walk outside. I don't know what to do.:help: Have any of you encountered this problem? What did you do to FIX it? I don't want to take painkillers just to be able to go to the gym, it wouldn't feel right.

whitetop
05-01-2016, 06:53 PM
I get this in and out of the gym and have yet to have a doctor tell me the real problem.

I've have my whole body checked and to them i'm ok, my doctor just said make sure to warn up, rest then get going , not like that helps as that's what i do anyway.
I suffer from depression so that could be the fault to constant headaches and Migraines which when i do workout sends my nerve's in my legs,back & neck in a big panic .

You don't have a old injury do you or a family history of migraines do you?. to do better would to be checked by a doctor or check in for a physio check up to make sure your body is ok.

Santa-san
05-01-2016, 07:50 PM
Well I have migraines perhaps once a month, but this headache doesn't feel at all like that. I'm in great shape otherwise! No pain or injuries that i know of. The only "problem" with my body is that I have trouble sleeping. I've tried pills, no pills, meditation, yoga, the lot, but it's been so long I had 8 hours continous sleep I can't remember it. Thought I'd call a chiropractor tomorrow and see if he can do something. Again, the only part of my body that hurts is the head, but perhaps there is tension somewhere, I don't know

whitetop
05-01-2016, 09:10 PM
Well I have migraines perhaps once a month, but this headache doesn't feel at all like that. I'm in great shape otherwise! No pain or injuries that i know of. The only "problem" with my body is that I have trouble sleeping. I've tried pills, no pills, meditation, yoga, the lot, but it's been so long I had 8 hours continous sleep I can't remember it. Thought I'd call a chiropractor tomorrow and see if he can do something. Again, the only part of my body that hurts is the head, but perhaps there is tension somewhere, I don't know

You are not depressed are you? or a old coffee/caffeine drinker? this could be the reason of no good sleep. i'm beyond depressed and used to get around 6-8hrs sleep but now to the point of 3-4hrs, cutting down on coffee and doing meditation is good.

It could be as when i was having physio i was told a lot on why i was having problems (ex footballers / uk wolves) i never knew your head weigh's close to 1st so it you put it right and your lifting 2x50kg=100kg + that strain will be pulling your body while your body is keeping your near 1st head up so you don't pull a muscle. its a lot of work that can put a lot of tension on your neck/back muscle.