• Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf

Thread: Should Kenny Omega come to the WWE?

WD HOFers
      I am Batman.

I am:
      Geeky

Post Thanks / Like
      WD Coins
      22,527 (0 Banked)
      Items Upload A SmilieUpload A SmilieUpload A SmilieUpload A SmilieAdd more pm space
Gift received at 09-18-2018, 12:47 PM from Oldschool
      Mentioned
      5 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quoted
      3 Post(s)
      vCash
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      8.19%
      Achievements Posts

Default Should Kenny Omega come to the WWE?

As most of you who are aware, just after midnight on New Years, Cody Rhodes, The Young Bucks, and Hangman Page all announced they will be starting the wrestling promotion All Elite Wrestling. What is interesting in this video, which is their latest Being the Elite episode on Youtube, is that Kenny Omega is only mentioned in the opening credits. In other words, he isn't mentioned in the main part of the video. Currently, he is reigning champion in New Japan, and currently set to fight at Wrestle Kingdom 13 just a day or so from now. Rumors have it that he has been approached by WWE, and has been offered a very large sum of money to come aboard. I mean lets face it - Kenny Omega is the BIGGEST name outside of WWE. If you disagree, then my suspicion then would rise to the be that you would probably pick Okada being the biggest name. But regardless, Omega IMO is the biggest name outside of WWE, and I believe WWE will do any and everything to get him signed. And if WWE is going to be listening to the fans, as AEW is going to do as well, then signing Omega would be huge. Omega hasn't made a comment on whether or not he wants to go to WWE, AEW or even resign with NJPW.

The first step is seeing what happens at Wrestle Kingdom 13 and if he retains or loses his title. If he loses the title, its a huge sign somethings up. I remember watching the Rumble and marking out when AJ Styles came out. Imagine that happening with Omega. I think Omega will create bigger waves than Styles will in WWE. Although I'm a huge Styles fan.

What do you think??

WD HOFers
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      WD Coins
      225 (0 Banked)
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quoted
      4 Post(s)
      vCash
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      27.38%

I think Kenny will likely stay in Japan, while wrestling occasionally at AEW. From everything that I have read, Kenny's name is rarely mentioned when it comes to AEW.

With how things are, I personally don't want Kenny to join WWE, but in a few years, his stocks won't be as valuable as they are now. With WWE trying to lock talent down with 5 year contracts, Kenny could end up in Mid-card limbo like a vast majority of the talent currently in WWE. It will be tough for Kenny to keep refusing the money that WWE would be throwing at him. He may also lose a lot of his artillery, with WWE likely to restrict his move set, and it's almost a guarantee that his finisher will no longer be protected (One Winged Angel is possibly the most protected finisher in wrestling). The question is, will WWE offer a similar contract in a few years to that which they are offering now? The answer is unlikely...

Chances are, if Kenny goes to WWE, he will most likely become "just another guy", much like Balor, Doc and Anderson. It will be Money v Happiness for Kenny. Which one he chooses, only he knows. I enjoy watching Omega matches as they are. The watered down WWE version will be a shadow of what we see now...

Administrator
      Yes! Yes! Yes!

I am:
      Friendly

Post Thanks / Like
      WD Coins
      21,166,263,511,884 (110,274 Banked)
      Mentioned
      22 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quoted
      36 Post(s)
      vCash
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      87.03%
      Achievements Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsylum View Post
      I think Kenny will likely stay in Japan, while wrestling occasionally at AEW. From everything that I have read, Kenny's name is rarely mentioned when it comes to AEW.

With how things are, I personally don't want Kenny to join WWE, but in a few years, his stocks won't be as valuable as they are now. With WWE trying to lock talent down with 5 year contracts, Kenny could end up in Mid-card limbo like a vast majority of the talent currently in WWE. It will be tough for Kenny to keep refusing the money that WWE would be throwing at him. He may also lose a lot of his artillery, with WWE likely to restrict his move set, and it's almost a guarantee that his finisher will no longer be protected (One Winged Angel is possibly the most protected finisher in wrestling). The question is, will WWE offer a similar contract in a few years to that which they are offering now? The answer is unlikely...

Chances are, if Kenny goes to WWE, he will most likely become "just another guy", much like Balor, Doc and Anderson. It will be Money v Happiness for Kenny. Which one he chooses, only he knows. I enjoy watching Omega matches as they are. The watered down WWE version will be a shadow of what we see now...
      With the current situation in wrestling [NJPW among others becoming a potential WWE competitor employment opportunity wise in the coming years] would a 5 year contract with WWE really be guaranteed to bring more money? If he stays popular without going there, his merchandise sales could skyrocket, and he would be free to accept high cash offers to compete at various feds special events

Please order your ul.to account from here to help cover costs - thanks for your support, you guys rock !!!!!
      Code:
      http://ul.to/ref/3078460

Thread Information