• Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf

Thread: Vince McMahon Is Reportedly Upset With The Undertaker's Starrcast Appearance

WD HOFers
      I am Batman.

I am:
      Geeky

Post Thanks / Like
      WD Coins
      22,527 (0 Banked)
      Items Upload A SmilieUpload A SmilieUpload A SmilieUpload A SmilieAdd more pm space
Gift received at 09-18-2018, 12:47 PM from Oldschool
      Mentioned
      5 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quoted
      3 Post(s)
      vCash
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      8.44%
      Achievements Posts

Default Vince McMahon Is Reportedly Upset With The Undertaker's Starrcast Appearance

As previously reported, The Undertaker signed a deal and is scheduled to appear at the Starrcast 2 wrestling convention in Las Vegas on Saturday, May 25. The convention falls on the same date as All Elite Wrestling's Double Or Nothing event, and the two are affiliated with one another, but Starrcast is not considered to be an official AEW event.

The news about Taker appearing at Starrcast 2 was apparently a big deal to WWE CEO Vince McMahon and it did not go down well with him, according to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio. He notes that McMahon is under the impression that Starrcast and All Elite Wrestling are directly related to one another, and he's not happy with the developing situation.

Just days before it was officially announced, AEW announcer and the founder of Starrcast, Conrad Thompson, gave Wrestling Inc. a hint about Undertaker's upcoming appearance at Starrcast.

"With [a few] exceptions, I got everybody I wanted," Thompson said. "There will be a lot of star power at Starrcast 2. And I started with - hey, let me make a list of everybody that wasn't available for the first one for whatever reason, and let me try to book those guys. I was successful in doing so. Hypothetically, if Undertaker were at Starrcast, that would be a pretty big deal, huh?"

In our conversation, Thompson also reiterated that AEW and Starrcast are separate.

"It was a thrill as a wrestling fan to be a part of something so historic [at the rally]," Thompson stated. "No, I don't work there (AEW) and there's lots of people saying, 'Oh, Starrcast is an AEW event.' No, we're featuring a ton of AEW talent, but Starrcast is owned by me and it's an independent thing. There will be a ton of wrestlers from other companies there. It's the exact same as the first [Starrcast]. It's sort of the official unofficial – if that makes any sense."

Meltzer also mentioned that there are still no definite plans for The Undertaker at this year's WrestleMania, including any set special appearances. A large portion of the WrestleMania card is still in flux and has yet to be established. Even John Cena is reported as not having a determined opponent for this year's "Show Of Shows".

Starrcast II will be taking place in Las Vegas from May 23-26 and tickets are now available.

WD HOFers
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      WD Coins
      225 (0 Banked)
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quoted
      4 Post(s)
      vCash
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      30.16%

Salty old git

Administrator
      Yes! Yes! Yes!

I am:
      Friendly

Post Thanks / Like
      WD Coins
      21,166,263,511,884 (110,274 Banked)
      Mentioned
      22 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quoted
      36 Post(s)
      vCash
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      87.36%
      Achievements Posts

If Vince reacts too badly, it might influence Undertaker to look elsewhere - I never thought we would even be speculating at where he would have his retirement match!

Please order your ul.to account from here to help cover costs - thanks for your support, you guys rock !!!!!
      Code:
      http://ul.to/ref/3078460

WD HOFers
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      WD Coins
      225 (0 Banked)
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quoted
      4 Post(s)
      vCash
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      30.16%

Firstly, Taker is out of contract and is no longer tied to WWE, so he can do literally whatever the hell he wants.

Second, if Vince is going to have a sulk, he had options. He could have signed taker to a legends contract, use him occasionally at the PC, have him backstage etc.

Third, For a guy who has done everything within his power for the WRESTLING BUSINESS, why should he not put his 30 years of knowledge out there for others to learn from.

Vince has no power over ANYONE who is out of contract, so he can go cry himself to sleep. Is he that scared of AEW already?

When you had a near monopoly on the business for many years, then dish up the crap that he has for the length of time that they did, promise change and do nothing to alter the product. Try suing a promotion for using a venue that you never use, raid the indys of talent and deliberately do nothing with them just so they can't perform elsewhere, then sulk that there may be another viable promotion that may just give people what they want to see while helping the wrestling industry as a whole, and finally give WWE a rival that may just cause them to lift their game?

Then to crap on that what Taker is doing outside the WWE is not right?

When you break up with your ex, since when do they have the right to tell you who you can hang out with. Congratulations Vince, you are the bitter ex crying a river because you can't chain that person down anymore

As I said above.... Salty Old git...

Rant Over
      Last edited by TheAsylum; 02-21-2019 at 11:42 AM.

WD HOFers
      I am Batman.

I am:
      Geeky

Post Thanks / Like
      WD Coins
      22,527 (0 Banked)
      Items Upload A SmilieUpload A SmilieUpload A SmilieUpload A SmilieAdd more pm space
Gift received at 09-18-2018, 12:47 PM from Oldschool
      Mentioned
      5 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quoted
      3 Post(s)
      vCash
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      8.44%
      Achievements Posts

I believe the biggest mistake Vince ever made with Taker was breaking the streak with Lesnar. You know that no one will ever EVER defeat that streak, and for Vince to have Taker lose it was a huge mistake.

The second mistake Vince made was not doing Taker vs Sting period. You had both guys in the same company. But yet you have Sting vs HHH in just a bury WCW one final time at WM.

So I hope that AEW or Starrcade or some other company gives Undertaker the respect he deserves and give us the one match we all want. Sting vs Taker. Or at least I do anyways. But not just a match, have it have a build up. WWE missed the ball massively. And yeah its all Vinnie Macs fault

Thread Information