http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpZwMTl2KXE

Lucha Underground and indie wrestling star, Ivelisse, has been using Twitter as of late to express her frustration with her contracted employer. The former two-time Trios Champion previously said that she has asked for her release from the company but continues to be denied, even claiming that she's being "held hostage" by LU.

In Ivelisse's most recent tweet of the situation, she questions why she is unable to work for Impact Wrestling if the two companies have been producing joint projects together. Casey Michael, owner of Squared Circle Sirens responded to Ivelisse's tweet, calling her out for a previous statement she made about Tessa Blanchard.

Blanchard would actually add herself to the mix of messages, explaining to readers that Ivelisse once implied that a part of Blanchard's success is her father's doing.

Ivelisse began by writing, "Since the collaboration between brands, not once included in any of these joint projects, and when they did contact me out of the blue for a program, they canceled the night before I flew out for no reason whatsoever. Soooo uummmm, again, let me GO."

Casey would then respond with: "Maybe it's cause you s--t talked Tessa big time on an IG comment. I fail to see how everyone else on LU can work anywhere but they are "holding" Ivelisse."

Lastly, Tessa would add: "Her exact words to me were "I never had a family name, I had to work for everything I have from the streets."

I have dealt with people like that since I started and I am much stronger than those people."

You can read the full tweets below:

Since the collaboration between brands, not once included in any of these joint projects, and when they did contact me out of the blue for a program, they canceled the night before I flew out for no reason whatsoever. Soooo uummmm, again, let me GO https://t.co/E7oSt3vfY5

— Ivelisse????????LaSicaria#Bow2None (@RealIvelisse) March 11, 2019

Maybe it's cause you s--t talked Tessa big time on an IG comment. I fail to see how everyone else on LU can work anywhere but they are "holding" Ivelisse. pic.twitter.com/SwNZ77m2sG

— casey michael (@ifyouseekcasey) March 11, 2019

Her exact words to me were "I never had a family name, I had to work for everything I have from the streets."

I have dealt with people like that since I started and I am much stronger than those people. https://t.co/Z3Flk106Kc

— Tessa Blanchard (@Tess_Blanchard) March 24, 2019

Another Lucha Underground star, King Cuerno (aka El Hijo del Fantasma), previously took the time to file documents in Los Angeles against the El Rey Network and Lucha Underground's production Baba-G Productions. In it, Cuerno's lawyers claimed that LU's contracts "illegally restricting" wrestlers from finding work in wrestling is in violation of California law.

Documents sent to Pro Wrestling Sheet detailed how wrestlers under contract make money based on the shows they appear on, and it doesn't add up to much. You can see that statement below:

By contrast, Lucha Underground broadcasts between 22 and 40 television episodes per year, with no live events like the other described wrestling promotions. If a wrestler appears on a show, it is usually just a couple. The payment per episode is usually less than $1,000.
The current contract that wrestlers signed with Lucha Underground require that wrestlers not perform services for other wrestling companies anywhere in the world without Defendants permission, but does not require Defendants to use Plaintiffs in their wrestling-theme television show.
While Plaintiffs are obligated to restrict their trade under the contract (which is illegal), Defendants are not required to use or pay Plaintiffs. Defendants have the option to use Plaintiffs, and IF Defendants use Plaintiffs, Defendants will pay Plaintiffs. IF Defendants chose not to use Plaintiffs, Plaintiffs are prohibited for working for years, are not paid, but still under the restrictive contract until it expires.

Most wrestlers under a Lucha Underground contract make less than $4,000 a year. Wrestlers working for other wrestling promotions make a living wage, usually starting around $50,000 a year and entering either 6 or 7 figures.