0 Post(s)
      vCash
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      4.04%

Default No New Xbox in 2012, Sony Likely Last to Next-Gen Race

Eurogamer points out (via French gaming site Lepoint.fr) that comments made by Microsoft France's marketing director, Cedrick Delmas, do not position their move into the next-generation of the Xbox 360 console in 2012 and that they [Microsoft] are not in direct competition with Nintendo, who will release their next-gen console, Wii U, at 2012's close after a new re-unveiling at this year's forthcoming E3 expo.

"We're in an industry that talks a lot, that likes telling stories," he said. "I am not convinced that things will happen this year. The Xbox 360's cycle is not over at all. The proof is that we haven't price cut this year.

"What's certain is that there will be nothing new in 2012," he added regarding any new announcements at E3, or if they'll respond to Nintendo's Wii U this year. "If we wanted to counter Nintendo, we would have to be in a position to release something immediately, and that is not at all the case.

"We're not here to counter Nintendo and they're not here to fight the other manufacturers. Nintendo has put itself in a different cycle, it's going forward to its own rhythm, with success as we have seen with the Wii, and now it's their turn to present their innovation," he said.

Lepoint also spoke with Philippe Cardon, head of Sony France, regarding their plans for next-generation releases or announcements, in light of Nintendo's impending Wii U.

"The Wii is under time pressure because it's in decline," Cardon told the site. "As far as we're concerned, we're under a lot less pressure. We were the last to release the PS3, we will probably be the last to announce something."

There are countless rumours regarding what both Microsoft and Sony will do with their respective next-gen releases, but they're just that: rumours. And if the rumours regarding Wii U prior to its unveiling are anything to go by, not all of them are to be trusted. We'll give you more as it trickles through the convoluted cracks.

WD HOFers
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      WD Coins
      0 (0 Banked)
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quoted
      0 Post(s)
      vCash
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      5.96%

I'm waiting for ps4, or xbox 720... I fear they will be like 1100 bucks though lol.

Thread Information