vCash
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      6.63%

Default Mass Shooting at Colo. Movie Theater, 12 People Dead

Mass Shooting at Colo. Movie Theater, 12 People Dead
      http://gma.yahoo.com/mass-shooting-colo-movie-theater-14-people-dead-085940786--abc-news-topstories.html
      A lone gunman dressed in riot gear burst into a movie theater in Aurora, Colo., at a midnight showing of the Batman film "The Dark Knight Rises" and methodically began shooting patrons, killing at least 12 people and injuring at least 50.

The suspect, James Holmes, 24, of Aurora, was caught by police in the parking lot of the Century 16 Movie Theaters, nine miles outside Denver, after police began receiving dozens of 911 calls at 12:39 a.m. MT. Police said the man appeared to have acted alone.

Witnesses in the movie theater said Holmes crashed into the auditorium through an emergency exit about 30 minutes into the film, set off a smoke bomb, and began shooting. Holmes stalked the aisles of the theater, shooting people at random, as panicked movie-watchers in the packed auditorium tried to escape, witnesses said.

"You just smelled smoke and you just kept hearing it, you just heard bam bam bam, non-stop. The gunman never had to reload. Shots just kept going, kept going, kept going," one witness told ABC News.

"I'm with coworkers and we're on the floor praying to God we don't get shot, and the gunshots continue on and on, and when the sound finally stopped, we started to get up and people were just bleeding," another theatergoer said.
      Police said 10 victims died inside the theater, while dozens of others were taken to local hospitals, including a child as young as 6 years old.

A San Diego woman identifying herself as James Holmes's mother spoke briefly with ABC News this morning.

She had awoken unaware of the news of the shooting and had not been contacted by authorities. She immediately expressed concern that her son may have been involved.

"You have the right person," she said.

"I need to call the police," she added. "I need to fly out to Colorado."

Holmes was wearing a bullet-proof vest and riot helmet and carrying a gas mask, rifle, and handgun, when he was apprehended, according to police. Holmes mentioned having explosives stored, leading police to evacuate his entire North Aurora apartment complex and search the buildings early this morning.

The highly-anticipated third installment of the Batman triology opened to packed auditoriums around the country at midnight showings on Friday morning, and features a villain named Bane who wears a bulletproof vest and gas mask. Trailers for the movie show explosions at public events including a football game. Though many moviegoers dressed in costume to attend the opening night screening, police have made no statements about any connection between the gunman's motives and the movie.
      Police in New York have intensified security around showings of the film throughout the five boroughs today, with police commissioner Ray Kelley saying that "as a precaution against copycats and to raise the comfort levels among movie patrons in the wake of the horrendous shooting in Colorado, the New York City Police Department is providing coverage at theaters where the 'The Dark Knight Rises' is playing."

The Paris premiere of the movie has been cancelled in the wake of the shootings. "Warner Bros. is deeply saddened to learn about this shocking incident. We extend our sincere sympathies to the families and loved ones of the victims at this tragic time," the movie's producers, said in a statement.

Witnesses watching movies in theaters next to the one where the shooting took place said bullets tore through the theater walls and they heard screaming.

"The suspect throws tear gas in the air, and as the tear gas appears he started shooting," said Lamar Lane, who was watching the midnight showing of the movie with his brother. "It was very hard to breathe. I told my brother to take cover. It took awhile. I started seeing flashes and screaming, I just saw blood and people yelling and a quick glimpse of the guy who had a gas mask on. I was pushed out. There was chaos, we started running."

One witness said she saw people dropping to the ground after the gunshots began.

"We were maybe 20 or 30 minutes into the movie and all you hear, first you smell smoke, everybody thought it was fireworks or something like that, and then you just see people dropping and the gunshots are constant," witness Christ Jones told ABC's Denver affiliate KMGH. "I heard at least 20 to 30 rounds within that minute or two."

A man who talked to a couple who was inside the theater told ABC News, "They got up and they started to run through the emergency exit, and that when she turned around, she said all she saw was the guy slowly making his way up the stairs and just firing at people, just picking random people," he said. "The gunshots continued to go on and on and then after we didn't hear anything...we finally got up and there was people bleeding, there was people obviously may have been actually dead or anything, and we just ran up out of there, there was chaos everywhere."

Witnesses and victims were taken to Gateway High School for questioning.

Hundreds of police and FBI agents are involved in the investigation. A senior official who is monitoring the situation in Washington said that early guidance based on the early snapshot of this man's background indicated that this act does not appear to be linked to radical terrorism or anything related to Islamic terrorism.

Though police have said that they believe the shooter was acting alone, they checked all cars in the parking lot and cleared the area near the theater.

Dr. Comilla Sasson, at the University of Colorado Hospital where many of the victims were taken, said they are currently operating on nine critical patients and have treated 22 in all. She called the hospital "an absolutely terrifying scene all night."

"The good news is that the 3-month-old has actually been discharged home and is in the care of their parents

In a statement, President Obama said, "Michelle and I are shocked and saddened by the horrific and tragic shooting in Colorado. Federal and local law enforcement are still responding, and my administration will do everything that we can to support the people of Aurora in this extraordinarily difficult time. We are committed to bringing whoever was responsible to justice, ensuring the safety of our people, and caring for those who have been wounded."

A man who was in the adjacent theater with his son, said that the commotion began as one of the action scenes was starting up.

"These guys came through, and they say someone's shooting," he said. "I thought, 'Oh, they must have heard the fireworks, you know ... I had no idea. And then the alarms started to go off in the theater.'"

An explosive device was also found inside the movie house. Police are not sure whether the device, which investigators are calling a bomb, was already in place or whether it was thrown into the crowd.

Ambulances rushed to the scene as audience members fled the theater.

Investigators are now interviewing friends and associates of the suspect to get a sense of the man's background.

Matthew Mosk contributed to this report.

http://adf.ly/1390328/thank-you

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      WD Coins
      0 (0 Banked)
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quoted
      0 Post(s)
      vCash
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      6.63%

Police say Colo. suspect's apartment booby trapped
      http://news.yahoo.com/police-colo-suspects-apartment-booby-trapped-150021806.html

AURORA, Colo. (AP) — Police say the apartment of the suspect in a mass shooting at a Denver area movie theater is booby trapped, so they've evacuated five surrounding buildings.

Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates says bomb technicians are determining how to disarm flammable or explosive material in the third-floor apartment. He says police could be there some time.

Oates says pictures from inside the apartment are fairly disturbing and the devices look to be sophisticated.

FBI agents and police used a hook and ladder fire truck and put a camera at the end of 12-foot pole inside the apartment where 24-year-old James Holmes lives.

The apartment is about four miles from the theater where at least 12 people were killed and 50 were wounded

http://adf.ly/1390328/thank-you

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      WD Coins
      0 (0 Banked)
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quoted
      0 Post(s)
      vCash
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      6.63%

i dont get why everyone is so upset about this? he was giving them a real life batman experience!

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      WD Coins
      0 (0 Banked)
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quoted
      0 Post(s)
      vCash
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      6.63%

for those who are stupid to notice i was only joking

The Clown Prince of WD
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      WD Coins
      124 (0 Banked)
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quoted
      6 Post(s)
      vCash
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      3.44%
      Achievements Posts

I have an update.

The guy who did it was claiming that he was the Joker and the shooting was all part of him being "in character". How much you wanna bet the bastard actually smiled for his mugshot? I personally believe any punishment they give him will be too good for him. I hope he gets the death penalty personally, but if his lawyers play the insanity plea card, that will throw a huge monkey wrench into the justice system and the families and friends of the victims will never get the justice they deserve.
      I would rather die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather than screaming in terror like his passengers.

You don't have to be crazy to join Wrestling Desires. We'll train you for that.

If you think I'm crazy now, just wait till the sedatives wear off.

WD HOFers
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      WD Coins
      1 (0 Banked)
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quoted
      0 Post(s)
      vCash
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      21.12%

Whatever the court's decision is, that won't bring the victims back.
      "You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to get you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the street, I know you look both ways." - Gregory House

The Clown Prince of WD
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      WD Coins
      124 (0 Banked)
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quoted
      6 Post(s)
      vCash
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      3.44%
      Achievements Posts

You're right Jackson, it won't.
      I would rather die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather than screaming in terror like his passengers.

You don't have to be crazy to join Wrestling Desires. We'll train you for that.

If you think I'm crazy now, just wait till the sedatives wear off.

Co-Owner - I Bring It!
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      WD Coins
      111 (0 Banked)
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quoted
      1 Post(s)
      vCash
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      28.79%
      Achievements Posts

The gunman obviously needs help.Putting him to death is just revenge in my opinion as in an eye for an eye.He should go to prison or a mental facility for the rest of his natural life.

~I Bring It~

WD HOFers
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      WD Coins
      1 (0 Banked)
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quoted
      0 Post(s)
      vCash
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      21.12%

Quote Originally Posted by The Brahama Bull View Post
      Putting him to death is just revenge in my opinion as in an eye for an eye.
      Agreed.
      "You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to get you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the street, I know you look both ways." - Gregory House

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      WD Coins
      0 (0 Banked)
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quoted
      0 Post(s)
      vCash
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      6.63%

UPDATE

THE man accused of killing a dozen people at a Colorado cinema sent a chilling warning of his plans in a parcel which sat unopened in a university mailroom, Fox News has reported.

The package contained a notebook "full of details about how he was going to kill people" and appeared to have arrived more than a week before Friday's mass shooting, an unnamed law enforcement source told the network's website.

It's not clear why the package was never delivered nor whether it actually arrived in time to potentially prevent the massacre, which also left 58 people wounded.

A second law enforcement source quoted by FoxNews.com said they were unable to confirm that the package had arrived prior to the massacre. The first source said it had arrived on July 12, but did not say why it was not delivered.

It was addressed to a psychiatrist who is also a professor at the University of Colorado, where James Holmes was a graduate student.

The spiral-bound notebook was discovered on Monday after the psychiatrist received a package he feared had come from Holmes and police searched the mailroom for suspicious packages.

"There were drawings of what he was going to do in it - drawings and illustrations of the massacre," an unnamed law enforcement source told the website.

Among the drawings were some of gun-wielding stick figures shooting other stick figures.

---------------------------------------------

I'm sorry but this is just freakin stupid whatever the courts throw at this person it won't bring back the lives of all those who are dead and it won't heal all the injuries not just external but also internal injuries and nightmares that people are having..

I'm sorry but I don't care if your a whack job but there is no need for someone to go into public and do this.. Just hurtself.. yes I'm upset it gets me ANGRY

Thread Information