vCash
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      97.66%
      Achievements Posts

Default How To Become A Real Wrestling Fan

(Disclaimer: There are a lot of foul terms sprinkled through this column and if it offends you, deal with it)
      There are 6 types of wrestling fans
      The Anti WWE Fan
      The Hardcore WWE Fan
      The Casual Wrestling Fan
      The Social Wrestling Fan
      The Non Wrestling Fan
      The "Real" Wrestling Fan

In this column I will discuss why these fans are good/bad for the industry. If this column pisses you off, good I'm aiming for your small black hate filled heart and if you aren't intelligent enough to finish reading this then fuck off because you are a cancer to this great industry and your opinion is irrelevant as it obviously will never change.
      Are you still reading? Are you still pissed off? If the answer is yes to both then congratulations on being an adult and mature enough to come along with me on this ride where we explore the different types of wrestling fans. The first part of the column will give a brief description of each group and where their strong and weak points are. The second part of this column will address how no matter how each group can fix these issues and become better wrestling fans and in the case of the "Non Wrestling Fan" perhaps will reignite their interests or open them up to the industry. (I'm including the "Non Wrestling Fan" group as this column will be getting posted on Facebook as well as Wrestling Desires Network)

1. The Anti WWE Fan:
      These fans are convinced that the McMahon family is the definitive portrait of everything wrong with the wrestling industry. This group of people can't see anything that the WWE does right at all and they live in the bowels of message boards and dirt sheet comment sections. To the rest of the groups they are viewed as the hipsters the douchebags, the ones that discredit everything and anything WWE does no matter what, they are also a malignant form of cancer in the industry. They could use their extensive knowledge of the independent circuit to help the members of the other groups why they are so passionate about the indy scene and a small sub group of them attempt to but their absolute hatred of the WWE is all that will ever be heard. They are also the biggest group of hypocritical assholes. You obviously secretly have an interest in the WWE or you wouldn't spend so much time coming up with so many reasons why you hate it so much.

2. The Hardcore WWE Fan:
      If the "AntiWWE Fan" was the extreme right, this group of fans would be the extreme left. These are the fans that absolutely worship everything WWE does unflinchingly and without question. This group may be observed as going so far as to actually believe that Vince McMahon is either a gift from a higher power or a deity himself. They will staunchly defend any action made by the WWE no matter how absolutely unethical it is. These fans fall into the same exact problem that the "Antis" do and that is that they are too blinded by their beliefs. These people are also another malignant cancer within the industry. Nobody takes anything they say as they have completely overwhelmed everybody with their inability to see that WWE has made some really shitty choices in the past. (For fans of the Attitude Era, you know the only place I need to take this... Katie Vick) For those who don't know who Katie Vick is or why she is forever tied into one of WWE's most infamous moments of all time, google it, I simply do not want to relive that piece of footage ever again as it is highly disturbing. (If you do research this and decide to watch the clip, do NOT watch at work as it is definitely NSFW)

Before I continue with this column I feel the need to explain why both "AntiWWE" and "Hardcore WWE" fans are both malignant cancers to the industry. like a cancer in any entity these groups discourage new fans from becoming more interested and they both forget that they themselves started out the same exact way as the people they relentlessly mock. News flash people, Being passionate about something is awesome, I encourage this as everybody needs to be passionate about something, however once you cross the line and start attacking other groups you are part of the problem that will continue hurting the industry.

3. The Casual Fan:
      These fans comprise of the vast majority of the WWE audience that fills the shows and in general they are the ones that get brutalized the most by "Antis" and the "Hardcore" fans. Criticisms include but are not limited to "filthy casuals" "fake fans" and so many other derogatory terms that more often that not are responsible for these fans losing interest in the product. that they had a small interest in. This is the group that should be protected and incubated the most from the extremist fans as they are the ones that fill the arenas, bingo halls and any other venue where events are being held.

4. The Social Fan:
      There isn't much to say about this group, they are a very strange enigma within the industry. They don't go to events, they generally don't watch the product unless they are at a bar/pub or other social event where a wrestling event is being shown on TV. This is the group that WWE and other companies are the most interested in as this group is their untapped market that they want to gain. These people are the ones at the bar asking the most questions on why certain rules are in place for matches and is the second stage of becoming a wrestling fan in general. This is where the a fan can go one of 2 ways, more interested or lose all interest completely and the deciding factor in this is how they get treated.

5. The Non Wrestling Fan:
      These fans are the fans that have been driven away from the wrestling industry, their ability to enjoy the industry is stone cold dead. There are a number of factors that have led these people to this point, the extremist fans belittling their curiosity, condemning them as fakes and treating them in general like absolute shit, they are burned out from constantly feeling let down or were just never interested in the first place. They are the ones that nobody talks about, the casualties of the war between the different types of fans.

6. The "Real" Fan:
      This is a fanbase that only can exist sadly as a theory until the community learns to stop spreading their cancer and instead show their passion for the industry.

Now that I've defined the groups I will be discussing how each group can change/grow.

1. The AntiWWE Fan
      Stop spewing your hatred of the WWE, we get it, in your eye's WWE will never do anything right. Now tell us why you love the indy scene so much so that we can experience it through your eyes and possibly become fans as well. Not everybody is going to take the time to google pro wrestling matches and take the time to filter through the billions of hits that will come up on YouTube and other video streaming sites to find the rare gem hiding deep in the pile. If they don't know what to look you need to lead them to what you consider to be a great match in your standards. Also stop being so condescending towards the other types of fan especially the casual and the social fans. if you treat them like shit you will turn them into "Non Wrestling Fans" (which I'm aware is a very ridiculous thing to call them) Your vile hatred, condescending nature is one of the reasons why these people have gotten to where they are at so please just stop. Most of all, you were once them and you were allowed to join the circle of fans you've joined. Once you do this you will transcend into the group of the "real" wrestling fan.

2: The Hardcore WWE Fan
      Please just shut up and open your eyes, your rose colored glasses are only making people want to punch you in the mouth/break you hands to get you to shut the hell up. You need to come to terms with the fact that WWE and wrestling promotions are going to make really bad judgement calls from time to time. (Katie Vick) Once you do this you will transcend into the group of the "real" wrestling fan.

3: The Casual WWE Fan
      Ignore the vile hatred of the "Antis" and ignore the pointless ramblings of the "Hardcores" and if you want to learn more about other promotions outside of WWE, find yourself a group of "real wrestling fans" and ask for suggestions on what matches they like and dislike and go from there to learn more, if you have no interest in doing so that is fine as well, however never stop being curious. Once you do this you will transcend into the group of the "real" wrestling fan.

4: The Social WWE Fan:
      You are the untapped enigma that is the quintessential starting point for all wrestling fans, we all at one point in our life were you, you are the fans that should be carefully cultivated and allow to blossom on your own terms. The "Antis" are going to try to chase you away, if you decide that you are interested in certain aspects, then by all means research it and find your happy point if you haven't already. Once you do this you will transcend into the group of the "real" wrestling fan.

5: "Non Wrestling fan"
      The bulk of finding what got you curious, observing other groups from the outside looking in will either help you reignite your interest or solidify you dislike of the industry, There isn't any way we will be able to change your views until you wish for them to be changed on your own.

6: The Real Wrestling Fan:
      Be the guiding light for a new generation of fans and help keep their minds onen to the various promotions and encourage them to learn more about it. You are the spark that will ignite the passion which will grow in these new fans and from there the skies are the limits. You are The "Real" Wrestling Fan

In conclusion everybody has the potential to be a "real" wrestling fan but extremism and being condescending towards other will never help the industry you love continue to grow. For the extremists your part is to learn to be more accepting of others interests even if you don't share their views on a certain promotion or method used within that promotion. Treating casual and social fans like dirt will only destroy the very things you love in the end as you will not be around forever to support these promotions. For the Casual and the Social fans keep asking the questions you have, join a wrestling message board and post questions as you have them. There are communities out there that are willing to share their love of the industry with you. For The Non Wrestling Fans that were once fans and had their love of the industry burned out of them by hate, on behalf of the Extremists I am sorry that it happened and if you ever want to try to find your passion, your desire to love the industry again, look up a wrestling message board and feel free to lurk around, you don't need to join, just read through the articles that interest you if any do.

I get asked often why my wrestling discussion forums are called Wrestling Desires, This name was chosen before I became owner but I kept it it embodied my desires for a community where people could join together and share their passion for the great industry known as professional wrestling. If you have made it all the way to this point I want to thank you for taking the time to read this. If you have any questions or concerns I can be reached on Twitter as @WDNTeemo, on Facebook through https://www.facebook.com/TheVapingSmackdown/ or at Wrestling Desires directly http://wrestlingdesires.com
      Last edited by Teemo Ren; 11-12-2015 at 08:40 AM.

Lazy staff member
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Annoyed

Post Thanks / Like
      WD Coins
      146,487 (0 Banked)
      Items Upload A SmilieUpload A SmilieUpload A SmilieUpload A Smilie
      Mentioned
      45 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quoted
      46 Post(s)
      vCash
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      88.72%
      Achievements Posts

I'm a casual WWE fan, always have, I never knew of that katie vicki part, bit strange but was that why we got small PG-13 now for kids and better stock for WWE?

I don't take wrestling to heart due to now all being shown as actors and all, indy's i only watch a few but i agree the two are different, the hardcore fans are dicks and should get a real live, i bet if vince came back with the kiss my ass club people will be like oh god not that again, yet if a indy's show steals it, it will be the best thing one could have done.

I'm not a NXT fan (to be honest i've never watched it) but i see people say "oh its not good" "oh its same crap" some are like "Oh a nice change moving to the indy scene" but you still got most out there with the its all a rip off and all.

In a way fans need to make their minds up, Say and its a big guess, if WWF/WWE did not make if big in the attitude era you would not see all these wrestling bashers/ indy's ect being made, you need to see things clean to the point of not being a dick as they all act, well not the hardcore indy's lol, they fuck their bodies up bad for these hardcore twats.
      If you enjoy the download, click the like button as that will show us what to keep posting

If you have any problems or question please tag me in the post with @myname or private message me.

Administrator
      Yes! Yes! Yes!

I am:
      Friendly

Post Thanks / Like
      WD Coins
      21,166,263,511,884 (110,274 Banked)
      Mentioned
      22 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quoted
      36 Post(s)
      vCash
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      87.11%
      Achievements Posts

I think another type of fan was overlooked, one we have all seen and many of us have dealt with personally. The "I'm always right" fan. These may exist in almost any of the above categories, but invariably they belittle, insult, and in general treat you like dirt if you don't like who and what they like in any particular show [John Cena being a prime example at many sites]

Please order your ul.to account from here to help cover costs - thanks for your support, you guys rock !!!!!
      Code:
      http://ul.to/ref/3078460

Thread Information