Source: Pro-Wrestling Illustrated Podcast

Christopher Daniels joined the Pro Wrestling Illustrated Podcast this week. Daniels recently signed a long-term contract with ROH and said, at 45, he expects to finish his career there. He was also asked if he he was bothered at all seeing many of his contemporaries from ROH and TNA now in WWE, while he never got that opportunity.

"I wouldn't be human if I didn't wish that had come my way. I certainly am proud of the guys that have gone on and done that. But that's their hard work . . . I'm not jealous of that part of it. I wish the timing had been different.
"If WWE had softened their perception of the independent scene five years earlier than they did, maybe that would have been me. When I got to TNA in 2010, their attitude seemed to be very set against that idea. At the same time, too, I feel like at the time when I might have been most appealing to the WWE in terms of character and in terms of connection I had made with the fans, I was under contract with TNA. So, to me the bad thing about it was just timing. There's nothing you can do to change that. For me to dwell on that would just be a useless exercise in futility. I'm bummed out about it, but at the same time, I'm content where I'm at."