Thread: Exertion Headache

|| VIP ||
      Ortons Law!

I am:
      Awesome

Post Thanks / Like
      WD Coins
      6,666,675 (11,277,087,786 Banked)
      Items Upload A SmilieUpload A SmilieUsername ChangeUsername Style ChangeUser Title Style ChangeProfile MusicEven more pm spaceAdd more pm space1 Week VIPImmunity from theft for  30 days
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quoted
      4 Post(s)
      vCash
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      66.97%

Default Exertion Headache

Hi guys! Do any of you guys go to the gym? I recently started to get the most splitting headaches whenever I do heavy leg exercises, like leg press(especially) squats etc. to the point I just have to pack up and go home. The headache would then linger after I get home, so that any little thing I do that raises my pulse would make the head start pounding again. I googled it, and it seems a lot of guys suffer from it, but I could not find any clear SOLUTION to this problem. I eat right, drink lots, try to mind proper form AND proper breathing in each exercise, but I've had constant headaches for over a month, and have had to rest for two weeks now. And I mean lie still or sit still or perhaps a small walk outside. I don't know what to do. Have any of you encountered this problem? What did you do to FIX it? I don't want to take painkillers just to be able to go to the gym, it wouldn't feel right.
      Last edited by Santa-san; 05-01-2016 at 02:27 PM.

Lazy staff member
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Annoyed

Post Thanks / Like
      WD Coins
      146,487 (0 Banked)
      Items Upload A SmilieUpload A SmilieUpload A SmilieUpload A Smilie
      Mentioned
      45 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quoted
      46 Post(s)
      vCash
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      88.72%
      Achievements Posts

I get this in and out of the gym and have yet to have a doctor tell me the real problem.

I've have my whole body checked and to them i'm ok, my doctor just said make sure to warn up, rest then get going , not like that helps as that's what i do anyway.
      I suffer from depression so that could be the fault to constant headaches and Migraines which when i do workout sends my nerve's in my legs,back & neck in a big panic .

You don't have a old injury do you or a family history of migraines do you?. to do better would to be checked by a doctor or check in for a physio check up to make sure your body is ok.
      If you enjoy the download, click the like button as that will show us what to keep posting

If you have any problems or question please tag me in the post with @myname or private message me.

|| VIP ||
      Ortons Law!

I am:
      Awesome

Post Thanks / Like
      WD Coins
      6,666,675 (11,277,087,786 Banked)
      Items Upload A SmilieUpload A SmilieUsername ChangeUsername Style ChangeUser Title Style ChangeProfile MusicEven more pm spaceAdd more pm space1 Week VIPImmunity from theft for  30 days
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quoted
      4 Post(s)
      vCash
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      66.97%

Well I have migraines perhaps once a month, but this headache doesn't feel at all like that. I'm in great shape otherwise! No pain or injuries that i know of. The only "problem" with my body is that I have trouble sleeping. I've tried pills, no pills, meditation, yoga, the lot, but it's been so long I had 8 hours continous sleep I can't remember it. Thought I'd call a chiropractor tomorrow and see if he can do something. Again, the only part of my body that hurts is the head, but perhaps there is tension somewhere, I don't know

Lazy staff member
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Annoyed

Post Thanks / Like
      WD Coins
      146,487 (0 Banked)
      Items Upload A SmilieUpload A SmilieUpload A SmilieUpload A Smilie
      Mentioned
      45 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quoted
      46 Post(s)
      vCash
      vBActivity - Stats
      Level
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      88.72%
      Achievements Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Santa-san View Post
      Well I have migraines perhaps once a month, but this headache doesn't feel at all like that. I'm in great shape otherwise! No pain or injuries that i know of. The only "problem" with my body is that I have trouble sleeping. I've tried pills, no pills, meditation, yoga, the lot, but it's been so long I had 8 hours continous sleep I can't remember it. Thought I'd call a chiropractor tomorrow and see if he can do something. Again, the only part of my body that hurts is the head, but perhaps there is tension somewhere, I don't know
      You are not depressed are you? or a old coffee/caffeine drinker? this could be the reason of no good sleep. i'm beyond depressed and used to get around 6-8hrs sleep but now to the point of 3-4hrs, cutting down on coffee and doing meditation is good.

It could be as when i was having physio i was told a lot on why i was having problems (ex footballers / uk wolves) i never knew your head weigh's close to 1st so it you put it right and your lifting 2x50kg=100kg + that strain will be pulling your body while your body is keeping your near 1st head up so you don't pull a muscle. its a lot of work that can put a lot of tension on your neck/back muscle.
      If you enjoy the download, click the like button as that will show us what to keep posting

If you have any problems or question please tag me in the post with @myname or private message me.

Thread Information